5.13.2009

some of the lamest conversations i've ever had have been while getting my haircut at Great Clips.

highlights:

"So... uh... what do you do with all the hair?"
"We just throw it away."
"Yeah, I guess you wouldn't make sweaters..."
.
"You have really thick hair."
"I know."

"I have a scar on the back of my head, it's not sensitive."
"What's it from?"
"Uh... I don't remember."
(actually it's a birthmark, but I thought it'd be cooler to say it's a scar. unfortunately for both of us, i hadn't rehearsed a cover-story)

"Mama was in vaudeville, you see."
"Right..."

"What kind of shampoo do you use?"
"Finesse."
"That's why you have a dry scalp."

"What kind of shampoo do you use?"
"Herbal Essence."
"That's why you have a dry scalp."

"What Kind of shampoo do you use?"
"Dove."
"That's why you have a dry scalp."












today when i got my haircut, i swear the lady was trying to rip my birthmark off my head with her comb. i didn't mind that much because she was the silent type and it saved us 45 minutes of lame conversation.

No comments: