10.10.2009

rookie mistake

Hey kids, let's learn a little life lesson from your dear Aunt Julie: don't ever choose the bathroom as your hiding place. People are bound to enter for a number of different reasons. Two, specifically. And you will either get stuck behind the shower curtain as your friend's dad finishes the crossword puzzle, if you know what i mean (and if you don't, ask BAB because it's really her story) OR in the case that the shower only provides clear glass doors, perfect for nothing you intend, you will have to step out from behind the door to face the humiliation as somebody inevitably says, "Let me just pee before I go." And in those few scary seconds as you see their shadow coming closer, you think to yourself, "How do I not scare them and how do I not look like a big dummy?" and the answer is that you can't avoid either situation, so you must simply confess, "Sorry. I was hiding in here" as they turn on the light. Then you hang your head and walk into the hall, only to encounter the person you were just hiding from because you didn't want him to see you're not a natural blonde, and he had just turned you down when you asked him to Homecoming right before dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you learned your lesson - you almost made me poop my pants!