11.08.2009

a year when the rocky mts. weren't so high

BAB and I have this steadfast rule that if a celebrity and/or loved one dies, we can't watch/listen to anything that they have created for an entire year. It's out of respect. And we're pretty serious about it. After the fall of H. Ledger, we couldn't watch A Knight's Tale until January of this year. John Denver's death was particularly hard. Imagine not listening to "John Denver and the Muppets" during the yule-tide season; it truly puts a damper on the spirit. As you well know, it's not Christmas until you hear a fourth round of "Christmas Is Coming."

The purpose for bringing this up is to say that my mom has been playing the Righteous Brothers' cd NONSTOP. The situation is uncouth because every time "Unchained Melody" repeats, it's all I can do to stop myself from running downstairs, popping in Ghost, and fastforwarding to the part where Patrick Swayze is half-naked, making art with his lady. Doesn't my mother understand? BAB and I have already accidentally watched Man of the House (talk about dishonoring the spirit of a fallen Charlie's Angel). We can't afford to bring further disgrace upon ourselves, Ma. If things don't change, I'll be watching "Road House" by Tuesday.

i sure hope shirley temple never dies because i don't think i could go a month without watching The Littlest Rebel.

No comments: