4.23.2010

Today's Lesson: How to make a box of storebrand mac'n'cheese feed 14 people

It has become my mission in life to prove the nutjob family on the corner isn't really homeschooling their 12 children like they pretend they are. If I remember correctly, when I was in school, I NEVER got to jump on a trampoline, and that's all they do. All the livelong day. Anytime I corner them on the street, I slyly ask them how school was today and their response is, "It was ok." Then I ask, "What did you learn about?" and then they say, "Oh... nothing all that interesting." and then I say, "HmmmMMMM." and I slowly back away into my hiding place in the bushes. I'm waiting for the day they say, "We learned how birth control is a sin and then we ate some paintchips." And then I'll say, "That sounds about right." Because the thing about having so many children is that they all just end up looking like eachother (everyone knows that the downfall of the cloning process is that that the specimen just gets worse with each reproduction. and many of us aren't all that great to begin with. sure we'd all want a clone, but do i want to hang out with a dumber, slightly more crosseyed version of myself? uh, no thanks.) until you can't really tell which set of kool-aid stained lips are which and they all have this eerie blank look that makes you think if you ever were to be walking in a cornfield and came face to face with any of those children, it wouldn't surprise you in the least.  It would just scare the shit out of you. By the axe of Gimli, I will do it. I will get them to admit that their "curriculum" focuses on how to efficiently break into small but strong platoons and use sanctioned militia tactics to defend their home in the event of the return of lord Zyborg and how to be quiet when mama watches her stories. I say I'll do it!! Or I'll be tazed by a member of the neighborhood watch in my attempts!

No comments: