8.26.2010

haunting me

One time, during an episode of "Soyouthinkyoucan DANCE?" we watched two vampires doing creepy things as they leapt around the stage. After the applause died down, the judges were like, "I couldn't help but feel like I was watching a page from Twilight. I wonder if that was your inspiration?" And the coreographer stood up, shouted "YES!" and did a few fist pumps from the air to her chest, as if to say, "You got me!! That's EXACTLY what I was going for! You understood the deep symbolism of the fangs and the neck biting!" And I started to shout at the tv, because DUH, but then I inhaled a piece of corn and started choking and never got to make my surly comment.
It's just a bummer that such stupidity was occuring, and it was allowed to go out into the universe without ever being jabbed with mockery. Now it's out there somewhere, floating in space, perfect and whole.

No comments: