5.09.2011

But you don't get there if you're euthanized

Every time someone posts on facebook about a pet dying or being put down, I can barely control myself. Like these two posts from the same person:

"My poor goose got bitten by a fox today :( now about a third of his beak is gone. Doctoring him as we speak :("

"One of my chickens died today because the wind blew over a board and smashed him :( sad day."

What do you do with that? You leave it alone. You leave it alone, Julie.

But you know all I want to do is write "Goose heaven is a beautiful place." I even typed it out and then had to delete it. The biggest feat of self-restraint was when someone wrote about having to put their FERRET to sleep and i didn't write a word. Quit it people. The emoticons are too much. A lady is suffering over here.

2 comments:

Jay said...

sounds like I need to start baiting you some...

* Lavinia* said...

I am wondering about the concept of you can't get to heaven if you are euthanized? I think any creature suffering that is mercifully pout out of misery has the same chance of getting to heaven, since animals are pure, no evil in them and heavens doors are open to those who live with the intent of a good heart.. as all animals do..??