6.01.2011

I don't think Smokey would say you're being very "chill"

While ditching a hike by Grand Lake this weekend, I came across two Park Ranger Ladies who told me I should really try to walk right down the middle of the path, instead of on the side in the pokey bushes where they found me. Thanks, Ladies, I explained, but as you can see, this "trail" is completely flooded with run-off. You are basically asking me to walk through a creek in my new kicks. I'm not doing this just because I want a bunch of itchy scratches to mess with later. Which they understood, but still went on to tell me about the "Leave No Trace" concept all who venture into the forest should embrace. I started to explain to them that I'm a person, not a wild bobcat, but I just looked at those wide-brimmed hats and told them I'd try my best. Then I went and shared a frozen banana with Hooch and we laughed at those dummies whowere still trying to run up that mountain.

No comments: