8.21.2011

Phoenix, AZ: Are you effing kidding me?

And on Tuesday, we incinerate. All you can say during the summer time in Phoenix is "It's haauuuggghhht." I kept saying it over and over because it was true. I felt like I was in an oven trying to cool off with a blowdryer. Or like in those movies when people jump into the pool because something just exploded and there are flames shooting above you - but instead of temporary harmful flames, it's just hot air and you need that air to breathe so you have to come up at some point, and it pounds your face and lungs. And it never got not hot. Hot forever. And the way I said it, you'd think I was always surprised and I WAS. How could it be this effing hot? Day and night? And then one day I woke from a nap and the sky was red and the sun was blocked and it finally made sense that we weren't on earth, but on the surface of Venus.

No comments: