10.22.2012

A gift of responsibility.


When I unwrapped this tiny little fella, I experienced a sense of joy and panic. Then my sister told me she had found him in the humane traps set in her basement, and a wave of relief washed over me when she said I didn't have to keep him. His name was Guthrie, and I only knew him for a few hours. He liked to eat cheerios and jump around and crawl in his paper tube. For a few seconds, we thought about actually keeping him, but then Bab sternly reminded us of the hantavirus. Today, we released him in the sunshine near the creek and wildberries. And I hope he doesn't ever find his way back to me because I'd be very sad to have to break the neck of my birthday present. Thanks for the nervous laughs, Noel! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?!?! GUTHRIE IS G O N E ?!?!!??! I thought you'd have at least kept him for a week. Well, he's probably happy now after living through the scariest 72 hours of his life in a hermit crab cage.