6.08.2012

One desire that's left in me

Two years ago, we went to the Edward Sharpe concert and were blown away when he asked people to sit on the grundy floor and they did it! Then they played "Man on Fire," and since then, I have wanted to hear the song again. I've repeatedly watched the only recording someone put on youtube. When the band came through Boulder accouple weeks ago, we went, mostly so I could hear and record this song to have for my very own listening pleasure at my leisure. What you will see in this video is the moment just after Alexander says, "We're going to play a new song called Man on Fire." Just after I screamed like the happiest bell uh dah ball:

Yeah. Bummer. Of course those hippies wouldn't play it. Well, now they have a new cd and this is the first track. It's not as upbeat/man-on-fire-ish as when they sing it live, but it'll do :)

No comments: