8.11.2013

Monkey climbs 14er, barely lives to tell treacherous tale.

It's a goal every person who lives in Colorado has, whether they like it or not.  That's me, on top of a mountain -->

Unsure of exactly how many times I said, "F*** me," it was definitely in the double digits.  Mt. Shavano made me cry twice.  Probably best I made this journey alone.

Everyone says to start early, but they don't say carefully follow the signs, so I spent an hour warming up mah bones on the wrong trail.  Found some friendly campers with crotch sniffin' dogs who got me on the right track and decided I couldn't quit before I started even if I really, really wanted to.

But, I'll be damned if it isn't beautiful!

1 comment:

Jay said...

After reading the reviews about Shavano, I'm glad you didn't get struck by lightning.