8.10.2013

what i was gonna say


Three days before the wedding, Bab and I found ourselves at an Old Chicago's, back to our roots, where you might say we became bffl. We talked about how, sure, changes were coming but the important stuff would stay the same and yeah we know good times are ahead, but those old days were mighty fine themselves. And if I could have quit crying for 2 gd seconds last weekend, I would have made a toast to BAB publicly declaring if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have found the love of my life. And without her unending support, without her always being there to turn to in happy & sad times for advice or just a tiny loyal shoulder to rest my head, I wouldn't have made it to that altar. And I would have said to the crowd, "Everybody deserves a BAB. And I hope you should be so lucky to find one. And if you do, always keep room for her in that special place in your heart, the place where there is only space for wonderful silent giggles and afternoon teaparties and quotes from You've Got Mail and a soulfriend who lets you feel small sometimes so they can hold you just right."

I know how lucky I am to have two great loves of my life. I think TJ summed it up the day he put BAB on his guest list & I said, "Brittany's on MY list!" "B's on both our lists." We couldn't have done it without you pal, me especially.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Thanks for making me cry for the 137th time :)